I love to add nutritious things to my little gal’s diet. If you are ever in question about which ones are safe for your pooch, just ask your Veterinarian. The information is also readily available online. All dogs are different though and like people, some animals have allergies and other medical issues that prohibit certain foods.
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup nonfat milk
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup minced apple
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the milk, egg and peanut butter, as well as the minced carrots and apple.
- Add in the flour and baking powder to make a very stiff dough, using your hands to work in the last of the flour if necessary.
- Flour a work surface and roll out dough to a 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into shapes using cookie cutters.
- Bake on a parchment-lined baking tray at 325 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Turn biscuits over and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. To keep treats fresh for your dog, freeze for up to 60 days.